MRA Facts: What you didn’t know…but might want to!
This May we celebrated our 11th Year Anniversary and we are expecting many more years to come! For those of you who aren’t very familiar with Mark/Ryan Associates or if you would like to know more…here are 11 interesting, fun, and successful facts about us! Enjoy and share!
- The original name was supposed to be Mark Ryan Associates but Mark accidently put a forward slash between the two on an official form for the state which read, “Mark/Ryan Associates”. Rather than jump through hoops we went with it.
- Our first office was in Ryan’s townhome. Both Mark and Ryan dressed in shirts and ties even though they had no client exposure–it was to stay in a professional mindset.
- The first client MRA made a placement with was in May of 2004 and is still a client to this day. We made a placement there last month!
- The Senior Accountant title is the most common position that we place.
- MRA’s greatest achievement on the Contract-to-Hire side was filling 110 of a possible 150 open roles for one client within a 2 month time period.
- Mark Zambrzycki beat both Hodgkin’s and Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma within a matter of 3 years while at MRA.
- Although mostly local to the Chicagoland area, MRA has made placements in 10 different states.
- MRA made the Inc. 5000, a list of the fastest growing companies in America, multiple times. The highest ranking was #158 in 2008.
- MRA’s largest client is close to $400 bill in revenue and smallest client is ~$100K in revenue.
- MRA’s logo was designed by a firm, less mainstream at the time, called Logo Loft. Since that time they grew and have designed logos for companies like Microsoft, GE, and Xerox.
- MRA has two pyramids in their logo. The symbol of the triangle is commonly held to have a much deeper and esoteric meaning than the basic geometric shape. But in this case, Mark and Ryan just liked the way it looked instead of just a letter “A”.